Trail Monster Running

Visit the official TRAIL MONSTER RUNNING website for information on upcoming group runs, local trails, trail races and more, including the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival and the Bradbury Mountain trail Running Series.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Local Snomo Trails

I had thoughts about doing a double today. It was Mindy's fault since she suggested doing hills mid-day, even though we didn't end up running together I still got out around 11:30 with Jeff, James and our dogs. Since the weather forecast was calling for rain later in the day I thought it would be a god idea to get the dogs out while it was still nice and sunny. We headed over to Hardy Road to check out the snowmobile trails on Leighton Hill (part of Blackstrap Hill).



We got in a nice 5.5 mile lolipop loop on mostly well-packed snowmobile trails, at a nice easy pace. As the afternoon progressed and the weather got worse the idea of running for a second time today, in the dark and rain, became less appealing and I easily convinced myself that it wasn't necessary.

I recently starting using RunningAHEAD as my training log, but I still miss some of the features of Sport Tracks which I had been using for years. The interactive maps from RA are pretty cool, as well as the ability to schedule workouts, and share training logs online. I miss the elevation profiles from ST though, the one on the map above needs to be refreshed each time you look at it in order to display something closer to reality, the default display is way off.

time: 56:19
distance: 5.49 miles
pace: 10:16

conditions: snowy trails packed by snowmobile traffic, loose under foot

weather: low 30's, mostly sunny

gear: Inov-8 Roclite 295 with screws, wool socks, tights, 2x long sleeve tops, gloves, hat

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

click "elevation correction" before you upload the data. This will stay the default once its done